Just in time for Respect Life Month...
... a group of women who have no regrets about their abortions have signed a petition saying as much. They are scared of the U.S. Supreme Court's direction with two more pro-life judges added last year.
The article is so sad. There is a lot of hurt and denial buried behind those signatures on the petition. Each year at the national March for Life in January, there is another group of women who have had abortions who regret it and publicly expose the lies that are pushed by organizations like Planned Parenthood and the company that publishes Ms. magazine (who put together the pro-abortion petition). But they rarely get covered by the mainstream media, and if they do they are often portrayed as religious fanatics or ignorant. The women on the "We Had Abortions" petition are being portrayed as brave souls, but how brave is it to admit that you killed your baby for fear of he/she having Down Syndrome? How brave is it to admit that you killed your baby so you could attend law school? Debbie Findling, one of the signees, admits that having an abortion was "emotionally devastating" and also explains how she reasons having had an abortion:
"I don't regret my decision -- but I regret having been put in the position to have to make that choice. It's something I'll live with for the rest of my life."
It is interesting to see how anxious the pro-abortion rights movement is with the Supreme Court. I honestly cannot figure out which way they will vote on some key abortion cases they have accepted for this term. I don't think Roe vs. Wade will be overturned in my lifetime, but I think it can (and should) be gradually weakened to where it is eventually reversed. That will also give enough time for the aftermath of the Roe vs. Wade generations (which I consider the 1970s-90s) to show the physical, emotional and spiritual realities of making such a tragic choice.
Let us also thank God for Rachel's Vineyard, a nationally renowned retreat program aimed at helping women heal from their abortions (and the men and women who aided her). This is the true way to deal with having made the choice to have an abortion, not to sign a petition proclaiming that abortion rights are necessary.

<< Home