Thursday, July 06, 2006

Contraception not lowering abortion rate in Britain

Despite contraception never being more accessible, the abortion rate in Britain has reached record levels.

Ridiculous quote:

"When a woman does not get the contraceptive method that is right for her, she is more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy."
There's a great quote from, I think, Theology of the Body expert Christopher West, who says something along the line of: "When a woman gets pregnant, it should never mean something went wrong. It means something went right." It's not a matter of finding "the contraceptive method that is right for her." It's about not contracepting, period. Every conception is an act of God and, therefore, sacred... regardless of the circumstances surrounding that conception.

While we're on the subject, here's a tragic commentary from a recent CU-Boulder grad praising Planned Parenthood. The writer figures being so open about her contracepting habits will somehow make it legitimate. I link to this because she gives all of the usual lies... I mean, lines... about the right to "govern" our bodies. It's always good for us to figure out how to respond to arguments like these since they are prevalent.