"Definitive" DVD comes out for "The Passion"

I can't believe I didn't know about this until after it was released, but just in time for Lent "The Passion of the Christ" was released as a two-disc collector's edition DVD set on Tuesday. Fox keeps finding ways to make more money of one of the most commercially successful films (and probably most successful Catholic film) of all time.
The film appears to be offered in the original and 2005 less violent "re-cut" versions. Among the features are:
* Filmmaker Commentary with Mel Gibson, Caleb Deschanel, and John Wright (original cut only)
* Production Commentary withStephen McEveety, Ted Rae and Keith Vanderlaan (original cut only)
* Theologian Commentary with MelGibson, Father William J. Fulco, Gerry Matatics, and Father John Bartunek (original cut only)
* Music Commentary with John Debney (Selected scenes)
I am most interested in the theologian commentary. I don't know anything about the priests except that they helped Mel on the set during the filming. It's a shame there's no actor commentary, as I very much would've liked to hear about the experiences of Jim Caviezel, Monica Bellucci and other main characters.
The second disc has a feature-length documentary of the making of the film.
The film appears to be offered in the original and 2005 less violent "re-cut" versions. Among the features are:
* Filmmaker Commentary with Mel Gibson, Caleb Deschanel, and John Wright (original cut only)
* Production Commentary withStephen McEveety, Ted Rae and Keith Vanderlaan (original cut only)
* Theologian Commentary with MelGibson, Father William J. Fulco, Gerry Matatics, and Father John Bartunek (original cut only)
* Music Commentary with John Debney (Selected scenes)
I am most interested in the theologian commentary. I don't know anything about the priests except that they helped Mel on the set during the filming. It's a shame there's no actor commentary, as I very much would've liked to hear about the experiences of Jim Caviezel, Monica Bellucci and other main characters.
The second disc has a feature-length documentary of the making of the film.

<< Home