Bella reviews?

So... who here went to the screening of Bella on Saturday in Tinseltown? I'll be reviewing it for the next Herald but am curious as to your thoughts on the film. I really liked it and it makes a strong case for choosing life. Some of the issues seemed to be solved a bit conveniently, but in general, I thought it made great points about the dignity of life and the importance of friendships that were down-to-earth and not preachy.
Thanks to Esperanza Griffith for putting the screening together while I was away. It drew a nearly full crowd for a 10 a.m. showing at Cinemark Tinseltown, and we were treated to a Q&A with the film's director afterward. They're trying to get 4,000 pre-sold tickets in Colorado Springs before Oct. 26 so that it can get at least a one-week run at a major theater chain. If you're interested in learning more, click here. If it doesn't play in the Springs area, you can catch it up north at these theaters.
Here's a trailer.

<< Home