Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Reasons to hope in 2008?

I'd like to write my next editorial on "Reasons to Hope in 2008." Right now, global morale is at a major low... there seems to be no end in sight to the Iraq war, global terrorism is getting worse, pornography is taking hold of lives at earlier and earlier ages and causing the breakups of many marriages...

But then Pope Benedict XVI ends 2007 be releasing his second encyclical, focused on Christian hope. The lack of hope in the world, he writes, is because the world has increasingly turned away from Christ. We need to get back to what it really means to be a Christian... a person of hope.

But I'd like to be more particular than that... citing specific examples of hope, tangible examples of it. I'd like your help by seeing if you'd be kind enough to share just where in your heart you find hope these days.

Labels: , ,