Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fr. Tad recap and raffle winner

I just want to thank everyone who made the trek to Jack Quinn's Pub last night for the talk by Father Tad Pacholczyk on "Making Sense of Bioethics." We had close to 110 people there, which filled out the upstairs room nicely and hopefully made the accomodating serving staff happy. Father Tad's talk was great and held everyone's attention for nearly two hours despite some early audio issues. Unfortunately, I missed a stipulation in the contract that says I cannot record it for public dissemination, so I do not have it available for streaming on the Web site. You can hear the first half of the presentation on a DVD he sells through the National Catholic Bioethics Center called "Cutting Through the Spin" (bulk order discounts available on this link). As for the Q&A... I will try to type out a transcript at some point over the next week or so and post on the Herald site.

Also, the winner of the raffle for a dinner for four at Antonio's Italian Restaurant is Dan Spadaro. Congratulations.

Labels: ,