Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Celebrity sightings?

As you would expect, there is plenty of starpower on hand at the Democratic National Convention. There are the politicos that I've run across, such as Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. I never seem to have the camera ready when Richardson is around, including once at Sam's No. 3 Diner. There are the news figures such as Fox News' Greta Van Susteren, Alan Colmes and Shepard Smith. And there are performers that I've bumped elbows with like Ashley Judd.


Dan Rather of "CBS Nightly News" fame still has plenty of fans, and he was gracious with admirers he met on the street.

Dan Rather poses with some fans outside his hotel


Ted Koppel, the former anchor of ABC's "Nightline," hosted a roundtable discussion on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Koppel listening to a roundtable speaker


Actor Sean Penn attended the discussion as a spectator.
"Hmmm. Very interesting."


I just had to do this one in black and white. It has a throwback feel to it.
Grabbing a smoke break


I'm not big enough to get in crowds with "A" listers, so enjoy what I can throw your way, folks.

Labels: , , ,