A worthwhile pro-life event
I got an interesting e-mail the other day from Walk for Life, an event that benefits Life Network. I hadn't heard of the event until I received the e-mail, but it sparked my interest to investigate.
Upon further inspection, I noticed plenty of organizations involved that are committed to pro-life issues, such as Focus on the Family and the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center.
I contacted Father Bill Carmody, pastor of Holy Family Parish in Security and St. Joseph Parish in Fountain (soon to be combined into the new St. Dominic Parish). He's also the director of the diocesan Respect Life Office. Father Carmody was very positive about the event, telling me that it will go toward creating a pregnancy center that will go next to Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs.
At the very least, it looks like a chance to get some exercise in the 5K or the walk while feeling you're donating to a worthwhile cause.
Has anyone participated in the Walk for Life before, and if so, what were your experiences?
Labels: Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center, Father Bill Carmody, Focus on the Family, pro-life, Respect Life Office

<< Home