WYD GUEST BLOGGERS: Ave Maria Parish Youth
Some youth pilgrims from Ave Maria Parish in Parker typed out some blog posts for us this morning. The day's big event will be the pope's arrival.
Matthew Rogers
It’s just an all-amazing experience in general. Out of all the World Youth Day events, my favorite part about this is being with my best friends and celebrating our faith with thousands of other people from around the world. It’s just awesome, and to me it’s an experience I’m going to hold close to my heart forever and won’t ever forget. What can be better than celebrating the Catholic faith with your best friends and thousands of others along with the pope? I don’t think anything can compare to how spiritually fulfilling it is.
Kelli Burke
This is my first World Youth Day, and I’m having a blast. My favorite part is feeling the unity between myself and all the other pilgrims here. No matter what language we speak, we know what the other believes. I especially loved the opening Mass because the readings and the Mass itself was in several different languages. I can’t wait to see the Pope today, and allow myself to open my heart to God’s will.
Emily Duff
It’s amazing to be half way around the world and see thousands of other people that share the same faith as me. Going around the streets and being able to just talk to people that you don’t even know like you have known them your whole life is insanely amazing! I love seeing other people that love their faith as much as I do. Never did I think that I would be in Australia for World Youth Day and I can’t believe I am here. Opening Mass was one of my favorite parts so far because it was thousands of people from all around the world celebrating together!
Sarah Sanborn
This has been such a great experience for me because in my 19 years of living there was a time where I didn’t feel like anyone loved or cared about me, not even my own family. It wasn’t until I chose to take God seriously that I truly understood his breathtaking power and love. Though that was over 3 years ago, World Youth Day has enhanced that experience by a million and a half. I love to watch the companionship that us Catholics have and it just warms my soul. It is amazing to know that you don’t even have to know someone to share a connection with them even though they may live on the other side of the world. Jesus truly does walk with me and everyone around me.
Labels: World Youth Day

<< Home