Monday, November 20, 2006

What makes a Catholic home?

In the feedback I've received for our pornography/sex addiction recovery special section, most of it has been very positive. We've received good words from church members and other journalists, so we're hopeful that this section will do some good and bring further into light this destructive (and widespread) problem.

One criticism we have received from a couple of readers was over our decision to run the column "What Does A Christ-Centered Home Look Like?" Because the column dealt with the home from a more general Christian perspective, it was not deemed Catholic enough (although SpiritDaily.com had the story among their Nov. 20 news links).

So I would like to ask readers, in light of the above article, to share with us what they consider to be the hallmarks of a Catholic home. I will start with some obvious points, such as attending Mass together, having family devotions like the rosary and/or the Divine Mercy Chaplet that are said together, and creating a home environment that encourages John Paul II's theology of the body.