WYD GUEST BLOGGER: Seminarian Jason Keas
This pilgrimage has been challenging and very rewarding. Once our group of four seminarians got here after 36 hours of traveling, it was great to meet the whole group in Australia. The Opening Mass was a very powerful experience for me… the cardinals, bishops, priests and all present from around the world calling down the Holy Spirit and praying for a new Pentecost.
At times on the trip we have experienced hard times, not getting tickets and things not going to plan. It is easy to give in to the temptation to give up and be disappointed. The one thing I learned it to always trust in God. We can’t control anything on our own. If we are rooted in his love and in his grace we shouldn’t worry. I have had a reminder that I need to always say “Jesus I Trust in You” in all situations. On this trip I haven’t found peace unless my trust is in Christ. We all experience these things in life; we have the freedom to unite our sufferings with Christ.
Being a Christian is hard. The cross can be very real and heavy at times. After hard times here I have experienced a peace you can only get from God. I am very grateful I have been able to make this pilgrimage. My prayers are with and for all in Colorado Springs.
In Jesus through Mary, Jason Keas
[NOTE: Jason is based out of St. Patrick Parish in Colorado Springs.]
Labels: World Youth Day

<< Home