Thursday, July 17, 2008

WYD GUEST BLOGGER: Seminarian Jason Keas

Colorado Springs Seminarians Jason Keas and Brandon Smith soak in the atmosphere after the Opening Mass for World Youth Day July 16 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Jason Keas)


Last night I saw the Holy Father! After a long wait outside we never knew when he was going to come by us. When he did come, I experienced a feeling that he was close... a feeling of joy. Last night I had a chance to spend time in adoration and went to confession, which was great! This morning I walked early to the harbor before the catechesis site. It was great to spend some time to myself and reflect on the things that have been going on. One thing that touched me was hearing some people who were not Catholic and they were sharing about the lives of the saints. I couldn’t believe the reverence and knowledge they had, and they were not even Catholic. May Christ be Praised! -- Jason Keas

Labels: