WYD GUEST BLOGGER: Seminarian Jason Keas
[EDITOR'S NOTE: Jason is answering a couple of questions I asked him regarding his favorite moment and what he hopes to bring back to the U.S. - BH]
My most memorable moment was at the Religious and Seminarian Mass on Saturday morning. The Mass was beautiful, especially the music. I remember trying to get a good spot along the aisle in the back of St. Mary's Cathedral to see the Pope. When Pope Benedict arrived the crowd got very quiet, they didn't know what to do. I think some people started clapping and a group started shouting Benedetto. When I saw the Pope live, I had a feeling like I have never experienced before. I first couldn't believe he was in front of us and it felt like my heart went into my stomach and I had a feeling of joy that stayed with me for the rest of the day. When we left the mass a lady from Australia stopped up just to tell us to tell everyone we could the joy and peace the youth brought to Australia. She said a lot of people were scared that the youth would be causing a lot of trouble.
The time spent in Australia was good for us Seminarians. We had a chance to be together for something other than school. I think a deeper friendship was made during the long travels and time spent together. We had an opportunity to listen to our bishop speak during one of our catechism lessons for English speakers. I feel more grateful after listening to Bishop Sheridan; we rarely get to listen to talks given by him because we are in school most of the time. I feel like I got to know our Bishop more on this trip.
I hope to bring back to the diocese and the Seminary the joy I experienced, which is a true gift of the Holy Spirit. I hope we all can grow in bringing others to Christ by the Holy Spirit leading us.
Labels: World Youth Day

<< Home